It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:09 am

Dash for it. 
Part built GTM

Post Dash for it.
Well it's the time of year when many of us get back into our sheds and continue the battle with our projects, whether it be modifications or return to on going builds. I have been on rebuilding my coupe for a few years now and obtained a used dash board from a fellow member. I considered myself lucky to obtain said item as there doesn't seem to be many available. Now i've never been much of a fan of the textured black g.r.p. item, but thought i'd make a new one once coupe was on the road. Well i filled all old holes with g.r.p. and cut new ones to suit gauges. All going fine, tried fitting the item and find it 'balloons' up in the middle, so shorten and reduce depth, still won't fit. A closer look shows that the bottom edge isn't even the same shape as the GTM dash support! Is this usual or just a bad batch? As i said i didn't want to spend weeks on it as i might as well have moulded a complete dash to my own design.

Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:29 pm
Looking like a GTM

GTM: Cox/Coupe
Post Re: Dash for it.
The dash is slightly curved on the top edge if that's what you mean? As a rule they don't really fit very well. like most old kit car parts!

Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:48 pm
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

Cheers. Slight bulge? My dash board bulges passed the lip for the windscreen. Looks like I am going to make my own bespoke dash board, which is a shame as i was trying to keep things quite standard. It is almost like they made it without looking at the car.

Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:27 pm
On the Road

I think this must be my old dash, no longer of use as my car has been converted to LHD, I suspect the "slight bulge" may be caused by travel sickness, having been shipped to Africa then flown back to UK, must be the furthest traveled Coupe dash not under its own power in the world :lol:
John

Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:24 am
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

Derek Hambly has the mould -- you could always buy a new dash from him.

Steve

Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:46 am
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

Thanks Kano, as I said I am grateful to you for supplying me with one. I suspect that once a dash board has been fitted to one car it wont fit another, as each GTM is a unique bespoke car. :lol: I think I ll make my own and who knows someone might want a copy.

Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:42 pm
On the Road

I made my own for my old Cox as I also did not like the grained GRP, I regret now not taking a picture of it.
John

Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:26 am
Profile E-mail