It is currently Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:19 am

GTM Spyder 1.8 VVC 
GTM on order

GTM: Spyder
Post GTM Spyder 1.8 VVC
Unfortunately, I'm looking to sell my wonderful Spyder. Price is £7,500

It has a 1.8 VVC (160hp) K-series & was first registered in March 2006. It is MOT'd until June 2020, but I would arrange for a new MOT to be obtained for any buyer.

I am the fourth owner & have had the car since September 2017 & it has covered 25,100 miles since it was built. It was originally built with a 1.4, but was professionally upgraded to a 1.8 VVC MEMS 3 from a MG TF in February 2010. I have a substantial file of receipts, build photos & the build manual.

The exterior condition is very good. The car is, i believe, only one of four in the light blue coloured gel coat & there are no significant stone chips or crazing. There are a couple of marks where the clam shell bolts have been tightened & the bottom of the chin spoiler has grounded with one chip on the nearside of the chin spoiler, but nothing significant. Car is fitted with immaculate Compomotive 17" alloy wheels with brand new 215/40/17 Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres all round. Front brakes are MGF 4-pot Trophy & rears are standard MGF. There is a custom built rear diffuser, which wasn't fitted to the car on the photos, but would be included. The soft top is in good condition and the car has always been kept in the garage.

The engine runs exceptionally well & pulls strongly in all gears. Upgrades include silicon coolant hoses, Evans water-less coolant, remote thermostat to eliminate thermal shock, Pipercross Viper induction kit, no catalyst, hydraulic clutch, and cable gear change from an Ultima/Porsche 997.

The interior is carpeted in dark grey with charcoal perforated leather trim to doors, dash top, etc. New seats fitted in 2012. The VDO instrument panel, glove compartment & foot wells are illuminated with coordinated blue leds. There is remote central locking (2 keys) integrated with a Toad alarm/immobiliser & 2-stage microwave interior sensors, D-shaped steering wheel & a Kenwood KDC-BT48DAB stereo with USB/iPod connector in the glove box & Bluetooth hands free.

The cam belt, VVC belt & water pump were changed in December 2017. The water temperature transducer was replaced in April 2018 & the battery in August 2018. A new starter motor was fitted in February 2020 together with the driver's door central locking actuator.

The oil pressure gauge works but takes about 20 miles to 'warm up'. It seems to be sticking, but works properly once the oil has warmed up. That apart, there is nothing wrong.

I hope that this link will work for some photos - https://photos.app.goo.gl/oazmQx6HsoGJeGwW6. Can someone let me know if it doesn't & i will try something else.

The car is in Sutton Coldfield, North Birmingham. Please contact me with any questions or to arrange a viewing.

Thanks for looking.

Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:04 pm
Profile E-mail