It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:47 pm

Complete VVC160 Engine, Gearbox, Ancillaries, Mounts and V5c 
GTM Nirvana

GTM: Spyder
Post Complete VVC160 Engine, Gearbox, Ancillaries, Mounts and V5c
Testing the water for now...
Possibly a rare proposition. Some of you may know I've just swapped the engine in my Spyder. I came across one of the ones Westfield removed from the the cars they bought back in order to convert to electric. It only had 11k miles from new, VVC160.
The engine I removed will therefore be looking for a new home. It is a VVC160 Mems3. I bought an mot failure TF160 and stripped it down myself so I still have the V5 (on SORN) for the donor car. It was a 2002 TF. The TF had 83k miles and since swapping it into my Spyder about three years ago I've put on around 11k more so the engine has done 94k total. It has quite a few oil leaks but other than that it is a good engine. It was pulling really strongly and the head gasket was fine. I'd originally planned to drop it out and rebuild it with all new seals over this winter but when I found the 11k miles engine I bought that and swapped instead. It struck me that the one I've taken out might be ideal for someone still building a Libra/Spyder as its the full package:
Complete VVC160 engine (needs new oil seals and a general tidy up)
Good PG1 gearbox
V5 from the donor showing the engine number to prove age and help with an age related registration
The rare PG1 gearbox mount for a Libra/Spyder
The correct RHS engine mount (voids filled with polyurethane)
Correct Mems3 ECU and Immobiliser and fob
Full engine loom
Inlet and exhaust manifolds, alternator, starter.
Any interest before I start listing things on ebay?

Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:18 am
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

GTM: Libra
Post Re: Complete VVC160 Engine, Gearbox, Ancillaries, Mounts and V5c
hi as I have said on Facebook I would be interested in the lot I do not know what condition my 1.8 k is in I have not had it running. it was sized up number one cylinder it was full of water the oil did not look all that good when I drained it out I did think of finding a 1.8 vvc to put in but I thought I had so much to do I would just get it on the road and then I could find vvc with a pg1 box and all the engine mounts and wire to go with it

Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:37 pm
Profile E-mail