It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:26 am

Just got me a Coupe 
GTM on order

Post Just got me a Coupe
Hi all,
I've recently acquired a coupe which has been 'barned' for a number of years. It needs stripping and rebuilding completely. However, knowing very little about these cars (I bought it on a whim, love those curves!), I'm trying to source various parts.......Headlights and chrome surrounds, Mini for sure. Door window frames , windows and seals, they look Mini Travellerish. Door handles, catches and locks, are they Marina/Allegro/Old Range Rover? Door seals, mini again, probably.Steering column stalks/unit, looks sort of 70s Fiat . The boot lid is shot, as is the dash, are these available? Also the roof has sagged! I guess the best thing to do would be to put some metal strips across and build up some more glass fibre (on a warm day I can push the roof up to its original position). Rear window is a poor fit, also it is cracked and the seal isn't quite long enough! I guess I'll be in the garage for a fair old while! Any info on parts availability and donor cars would be much appreciated. Thanks :lol:

Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:39 pm
The Terrible Tims

GTM: Cox/Coupe
The headlight surrounds aren't mini. They are MGB. They curl in on themselves a bit. The mini ones are too big and won't fit.

The door handles are from allegro etc.

I'm looking into making a one piece boot lid. Would you be interested on one? Might not be for a while though.

Door window seals are from Mk1 mini, but I've been told that the glass is custom. (I have a spare set of door glass)

Your column is probably triumph. Is it adjustable, with the headlight control on the side?

Hope this helps

"Is est totus perfectus per fumi quod speculum"

Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:00 am
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

welcome to site,..........there a dashboard here, and a few other gtm parts

Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:33 am
Admin, and Coupe Nutter

GTM: Cox/Coupe

Sounds like you have some fun in stall there, between most of us we know where to get soruce parts, the Europa catalogue is excellant for finding all those little trim bits as is Wollies for the seals, window runners and reseanably priced :wink:

If youre in no rush and want to keep a seperate boot lid, i will be making a new light weight one for my car soon, i have a brand new one sitting here which i am going to make a mold from, wont be for a couple of months yet as fed up with glass etc as im amoungst project carbony at the minute [Making a lightweight carbon fibre front thats another story]

But Welcome
WEST

Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:50 am
On the Road

You can bend your own rear window. It is 4mm acrylic. (Perspex). I made a sheet steel former to the exact contour of the window aperture then carefully bent the acrylic using a hot air paint stripper gun. Don't get too close or the acrylic will bubble.

Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:00 am
GTM on order

Post Re: Just got me a Coupe
Hi, thanks for the replies, I lost this site (not very good with computers.......). Very interested in the boot lid. Please email as and when.... ian@shoppingfrog.com

Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:30 pm