It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:39 am

Weber DCOE trial fitted on old engine 
GTM delivered

Post Weber DCOE trial fitted on old engine
I have got round to fitting the DCOE on the current engine in the Coupe.
As thought I need to trim some of the bootwall to allow proper fitting.
I also have to sort out an engine cover as the Weber is a little on the large side
Photos and a short video here: http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/Cooperman_album/

Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:06 pm
Profile E-mail
Admin, and Coupe Nutter

GTM: Cox/Coupe
Post Re: Weber DCOE trial fitted on old engine
I do like the sound of a Weber

8)

West

Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:58 pm
GTM delivered

Yeah they sound superb,looking forward to getting the 1380 fitted now and taking it out for a blast.

Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:54 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

I have a 45 Webber on mine with a 6.5" manifold, you will need to extend the rear vent in the bootlid approx 3" towards the rear of the car, I cut mine approx 1/2" from the end then made up a 3" extension piece which I bonded in. You may want to look at making the bootlid into a one piece unit as the extension will foul the opening section. I was running a K&N filter but have changed to Pipercross socks instead as the air flow is better, that is unless you run a 48 IDA K&N filter but that will foul the boot lid.

Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:09 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

I used to have a 240Z with a Samuri conversion and that had triple webers - the sound would make the hair stand up on the back of your neck :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:06 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

RaymondH wrote:
I used to have a 240Z with a Samuri conversion and that had triple webers - the sound would make the hair stand up on the back of your neck :lol: :lol: :lol:

Triple webers on a 240Z with samurai conversion and you USED to own it.
Thats a wrong sentence there,noone should ever say they "USED" to own a car like that,what made you sell it?

Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:34 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

I had it for 23 years and fully restored it to a standard that won first in class at several classic car shows plus other prizes, the feather in my cap being an invitation to compete in a Benson & Hedges final. I did around 70,000 miles in it but it after I bought an Impreza Turbo back in the days when you had to wait 6 months for one and spending all my spare cash tuning it up a bit (to 385 bhp :shock: ) the Z was only doing 150 miles a year so I sold it to somebody who now keeps it in what amounts to a giant vacuum sealed polythene bag :roll: It's one of those things you do and regret later , I suppose :( but at least I have the first option if it ever comes up for sale again :)

As a matter of interest, I sold the Scooby a year ago after having it for 10 years (then bought the Rossa to tinker with due to having withdrawal symptoms...) and the poor guy who bought it anly got 7 miles down the road before a lorry ran into the back of it writing it off :( :(

Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:40 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

My 40DHLA is on a Minispares manifold, which fit under the bonnet (boot?) nicely with no mods other than to bulkhead.

Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:27 pm