It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:21 pm

GTMs in Australia ? 
GTM on order

Post GTMs in Australia ?
Im interested in importing a GTM to Western Australia.
I drove one round Wales over 20 years ago when I lived in England. I have a few minis, as Im guessing more than a few members of this forum have too.

From looking into the rules and regulations it seems that I can import a car into W.A. relatively easily under the enthusiast scheme if its been registered (taxed) for more than 20 years or originally registered 20 years ago. I have seen that a couple of Rossas have been successfully imported and some of the newer Libras are on the road here too. Im wanting a Cox Coupe. Dont think the Rossas look as good (no offence to anyone that owns one, just my opinion). I cant find any evidence of one being imported. If one has already been imported it creates a precedence so makes it easier to import another one.

Anyone know if there are any on the road here? Has to be to W.A. as we have different rules here on what we can and can’t do, than over the other side (Eastern States).

I can see from this forum I’m not the only person looking for one for sale? I’m looking at Ebay and Pistonhead’s most days.
Is there some way I can get a prospective car inspected over there? Any members interested in taking a look for an agreed fee?
Over here we can get an RAC test (no AA in Western Auss) which are very thorough and good.
Thanks for any help.

My daughter and I are both members of the Southern Districts Mini Club http://%20www.sdminiclub.org.au/
and organize rallies, performance driving days, drag racing meets etc. We have a midnight to dawn run coming up soon. I would love to turn up to one of the club meetings in a GTM :) We have a member with a Pimlico Mini, a lot of Mokes here, and a few mini Jems ( I think these were made in Australia by a surfboard maker using Marcos molds). I have an 1100 clubby with a 45 webber and a 1330 flat bed ute (pick up to you) with a Toyota supercharger. My daughter drives an 1100 clubby with a Subaru supercharger. Also have a 351cu XC Fairmont coupe (like Mad Max car) a supercharged 5.4ltr V8 Ford Fairlane and a 1000hp Modified rail dragster :) .
Cheers,
Mark.

Fri May 21, 2010 9:34 am
Profile E-mail