It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:04 am

Rear Space frame dimensions! 
Part built GTM

Post Re: Rear Space frame dimensions!
gtmdriver wrote:
If you don't like the drawing don't look!!!!!!

It took me bloody ages to complete.

:oops: My comment wasnt meant to be read like that; more poking fun at myself of how un-educated and un-exposed i am to the imperial system, rather than having a dig at your drawing. As for not looking, or not liking the drawing- the images have been saved along with what i deem to be other gems of GTM info. I hope no offence was taken.

Insert grovel smiley here>

Alex

Wed May 14, 2008 4:09 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

alexh wrote:
gtmdriver wrote:
If you don't like the drawing don't look!!!!!!

It took me bloody ages to complete.

:oops: My comment wasnt meant to be read like that; more poking fun at myself of how un-educated and un-exposed i am to the imperial system, rather than having a dig at your drawing. As for not looking, or not liking the drawing- the images have been saved along with what i deem to be other gems of GTM info. I hope no offence was taken.

Insert grovel smiley here>

Alex

None whatsoever. I was joking too!

Wed May 14, 2008 4:29 pm
Part built GTM

:oops:

Ha ha. two ways to read everything and all that!

Wed May 21, 2008 1:04 pm
Profile E-mail
Admin, and Coupe Nutter

GTM: Cox/Coupe
And as if by magic

da,,,da

One replica bulkhead and rear frame, i got a couple of very small differences to Johns measurements when i measured my car but i guess its to be expected on a kit car :roll:. Also after taking into account how a chassis is stress relived as it gets older and will take a slight set compared to new.

So right now i have no engine in my car, rearsubrame and suspension ready to drop out at a drop of a hat, and this jig :roll: , Why do i do it :lol: . Time to get on with the new rear subframe and suspension.

WEST

Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:25 pm
On the Road

Give me measurements! I got half way thru the autocad drawing the other day and couldn't finish it without assuming dimensions!

Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:54 pm
Admin, and Coupe Nutter

What dimensions do you need?

anyways
dada

Its taken ages to get this far, but should be worth it for taking the measurements of the exisiting frame having a geometry check on the old computer, then being able to build the new one with the suspension pickups where i want them, giving better location of the suspenasion and hopfully creating more space around the engine for another future project :!:

WEST

Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:46 pm
On the Road

Are you not putting in the additional top strut on the o/s? Without that there's no triangulation on the top frame.

Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:14 am
Where is my Number Plate?

That brace has been made to be removeable, to allow for easy/faster engine insall/removal :idea: :D

Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:30 am
On the Road

Ah!

Mine too.

Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:34 am
Admin, and Coupe Nutter

After a slightly fustrating first bolt up, some pregress

Taken measurements of all the pick up points now so i can work out the roll center acuratly as possible more out of interest and then try my modified suspension pick up idea, first playing with the rough dimensions said it should work
time to update the model and try again.

then once i have made a decision i can start laying the tubes for the new subframe, already rough designed one of the pick up points bracket, one bracket to pick up tie bar upper and lower, and mount the frame to the chassis, with the posibility of moving an engine mount onto it as well! one neat simple bracket for all those pickups!

WEST

Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:19 pm
Admin, and Coupe Nutter

some roll center analysis has been completed and presently surprised with the standard setup, been altering the pickups for my ideas , doesnt seem to do anything daft and actually seems to work well on paper and not to dissimular to the mini setup but with possibly less camber required especially if i get a anti roll bar on there.

My Brain now hurts, going to come back to it in a day or so for another look/tweak

WEST

Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:34 pm
Site Admin

I noticed a rather nice vtec frame design over at 16v mini:

I guess its not that relevant as the engine would be mounted the other way around in the coupe, but still looks very pro :lol:

Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:04 pm
GTM delivered

I saw this too Henry. Nice work, but not much use on a coupe as Engine mounts would foul the top members of the rear frame. On the coupe the engine/gearbox mounts (for Honda) need to mount to the spacecframe top members and not the subframe. The subframe needs to carry the suspension components and the steady mount on the gearbox.This can be seen on both Wests and Durbs frames on here somewhere.
Paul.

Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:08 am
Admin, and Coupe Nutter

Ill drop a spy shot of mine soon,
work has stalled due to avon park, and santa pod comiments, and havign fun in the car again, but more sketches and ideas are being thought about,
that frame is one of the better home brews certainly, unfortantly wont fit a coupe, and in my view does need a little more work in a couple of areas to fine tune the design a little,

WEST

Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:47 pm
GTM delivered

I had a quiet 10 mins and Ive measured my rear space frame and drawn it on cad if anyone wants a copy, please let me have your email adress. Mine seems slightly different to the imperial one. :shock:

Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:32 pm
Profile E-mail