It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:10 am

Single wiper arm 
Part built GTM

GTM: K3
Post Single wiper arm
Right so after a slight issue of wiper arm and blade flying off at high speed and getting run over, i'm in need of a new wiper arm.

Does anybody know what the arm is off, or whether its a universal jobbie that can be used. I've had a search on the net but havent found anything i'm 100% sure will work.

Any help would be much appreciated in the current state of the weather as rain-x only works so well :lol:

Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:14 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

Post Re: Single wiper arm
According to the build manual it's an 18" item meant for a Ford Granada. The arm is a bit beefier than a standard Mini one (7mm bayonet fitting rather than 5.2mm) and I got an adjustable pair along with the blades from ebay. The guy trades as pamparts4u and is very helpful. He's not currently advertising anything but I know that he does autojumbles etc during the summer and advertises during the winter. It might be worth dropping him an email. Hope this helps.

Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:42 pm
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

Cool thanks for that, will send him a mail. The other options i was looking at was things like austin maestro etc but i dont know what length the arms are.

Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:52 pm
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

GTM: Rossa
On the subject of single wipers, the Mk.1 If just bought has a single wiper but still has the second spindle fitted.

Is it usual to just leave this exposed or have others removed it (or just left it hidden) and filled in he hole?

Derek

Fiesta Everyday Drive

Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:30 pm
Profile E-mail
Looking like a GTM

My mark II never had the second spindle fitted - i.e. it had an undrilled circular recess. I guess if the one working spindle is working a long arm and a large wiper it may be slightly better if there are no mechanical losses from driving the seconed, un-used spindle?

Regards

Allen

Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:16 pm
Part built GTM

As said yes can be removed and rack shortened to suit. My hole wasn't drilled out, but i did fibreglass it over to remove the indentation.

On a side note the closest arm i could find was off an austin maxi, but you have to remove the crank (ie straighten it).

Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:56 pm
Profile E-mail