It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:12 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
GTM's 50th Birthday Themed Event 
Where is my Number Plate?

GTM: Cox/Coupe
Post Re: GTM's 50th Birthday Themed Event
It Wasn't my doing. What i will say tho is, i do hate the look of the sunroof on the Cox. It's got to go.

http://maximummini.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:04 pm
Admin, and Coupe Nutter

:twisted: 8)

Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:40 pm
GTM delivered

GTM: Rossa
Hi Guys,

Will be attending Blyton (static display) on the Sunday and Stoneleigh on the Monday on my way home to Somerset.

Keith Rose Rossa 2

Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:10 pm
Profile E-mail

All track spaces are now booked

CONFIRMED TRACK SESSION LIST = 6.................. CONFIRMED EVENT ATTENDEES LIST = 16

Stuart..................Turbocox - Cox.................................................Booked.
????.................... Elansprint - GTM Libra V6.................................Withdrawn
Steve...................Steve Shield - Primo Coupe or Heerey.................Booked
Neil......................West - Coupe..................................................Booked
Ken......................Ken haywood's wide arch Race Cox....................Work required / display only
Rich.....................Guru_1071-Coupe............................................Booked
Tim......................Tim Rowe (1130) - Libra...................................(Static display/spectator)
Ken......................Ken555 - Coupe..............................................Withdrawn
????.....................Minivanman1961 - Mk1 Rossa...........................(Static display/spectator)
????.....................Tinpot -T190 Libra :?:
????.....................Peeps - K3 :?:
Jamie...................LibraKV6 - Libra KV6........................................(Static display/spectator)
Ray......................Ray-Spyder. :?:
Derick/Nick...........CCC Race Cox.................................................(Static display/spectator)
Madmanturbo .......Libra :?:
Sanzomat.............Spyder :?:
Yazza54................Libra.............................................................(spectating)
Keith rose.............Rossa2..............................................................(Static display/spectator)
Grizzler73.............Heerey...........................................................(spectating / track passenger)
Dereck Hambly......Hambly Coupe..............................................Withdrawn/ displaying at Stoneleigh
gargoil.................(spectating) :?:
Star mag..............Coupe owner...................................................(spectator / track passenger)
Eddy....................Coupe.............................................................(Static display/spectator)
Alan page.............Mk2 Rossa.......................................................(Static display/spectator)
Paul Tinney...........Libra...............................................................Booked
M Wrigglesworth...Coupe.............................................................Booked
Graham codling.....Cox................................................................(Static display :?: / spectating)

ATTENDING HISTORIC DRIVERS.......As aranged by MK1 Performance Conversions (Pete Flanagan)

Gordon Spice (who has some health concerns) has put the date in his diary, as has Barry Whizzo Williams, Warwick, Jeff Williamson, Bob Fox and a couple of others now including Anita Taylor.
I've also asked Howard Heerey and he is even considering coming over from Oz :shock:
and also a mystery guest who'll be VERY popular has also pencilled us in but can't commit until nearer the time.

Last edited by turbocox on Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:40 am

I've aranged to view a selection of F1 cars at the factory from the last 12 years on Saturday 29th, which is the day before the Blyton park event.

I'm going up to Blyton park on Saturday 29th in the afternoon. This is so I'm at the track, for the track drivers briefing. 8:45am on Sunday.

Anyone that wants to come along to view some F1 cars, needs to let me know by this Friday.

As I need to know names, and numbers of people.

Thanks, Stuart.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:55 am
Admin, and Coupe Nutter

Thanks Stuart for the offer.

I cannot commit myself as not 100% sure what I am doing/where I will be travelling from on that day.

Neil

Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:32 am
Looking like a GTM

Sorry I will not be able to make it now
Ian

Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:39 pm
Profile E-mail

Morning Gtm-ers!!

Due to no interest at all, the F1 Factory Tour has been cancelled. :cry: :cry:

Must admit I was surprised, :oops: I thought some of you guys on here would have been interested/curious :?: ,

West you wasn't allowed anyway, as your from a rival team. :twisted: :roll: :lol:

Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:44 am
GTM delivered

:cry: i wound have loved a F1 Factory Tour. shame i was just concerned that my car may not be finished in time. if you ever do it again please put my name down.

Thanks
Ray

Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:55 pm
Profile E-mail

ray-spyder wrote:
:cry: i wound have loved a F1 Factory Tour. shame i was just concerned that my car may not be finished in time. if you ever do it again please put my name down.

Thanks
Ray

I enquiried to my boss back in November to see if it was possible, as we dont normally have factory tours, only exceptions are for our sponsors and some suppliers.
At first it was a straight no, it's not normal to let random public in, and at this point I also found out how much higher up the food chain I had to go.
So I had another attempt higher up, and after some pleading about it being a 50th anniversary i got the ok for a small number to be allowed.
I managed to arrange it through the marketing dept, but I needed to know by Friday last week at the latest,
I did think that I could stretch it a bit, but I've been told,,,,,,,,,",,,ahh,,,,,,No."

It's now very unlikely I'll have another chance for a tour :oops: :cry: :cry: :oops:

Last edited by turbocox on Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:18 pm
On the Road

turbocox wrote:
...... West you wasn't allowed anyway, as your from a rival team. :twisted: :roll: :lol:

Sorry to say going on last year I'm not sure about that statement ( :( )- if only they'd just leave the rules alone so the tail can catch the head a bit and get back to some racing rather than a procession. (Gets off soap box)

Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:20 am

I totally understand that.

When looking in, it's hard to see why the rules keep changing. I don't make the rules, and don't have a say in them, :lol:

but on this side of the fence, we the workers, are fans too and we all look back wanting to see F1 as it was, with Hero's battling it out wheel to wheel.

But what I will say is, some teams know how to move forward by trying new things, to develop new ideas, and not just looking back and saying........

"well we know this works so we're not going to try something new"....... Not among that at any particular team.

Some teams tell their staff this is not a bussiness but a sport, and to win you must remember your competing just like a Olympian competes, you must put in more than your rivals.
Your not just coming in to do a days work.

It always helps if you've got a decent budget too, which some teams have and others don't, just like two doors down in your street that family had more cash than you.

With regaurds to my comment, west knows he wouldn't be allowed to have a tour, just as I wouldn't be allowed around his work place,

(T'was just a statement of amusement for us both) :wink:

Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:22 am
Part built GTM

Thanks for the invitation Stuart but i won't be able to go to the tour, I'm already pushing my luck with the missus birthday being the same weekend as the show!

Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:39 am
Profile E-mail

No problem Starmag,

Right a change of tone.......

Whos getting their car ready for Blyton park and Stoneleigh :?:

Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:53 am
Part built GTM

I'm thinking about doing Stoneleigh then driving up late Sunday ready for Monday at Blyton.
It's a bit of a long way from Christchurch to Stoneleigh then Blyton, I don't know if you can camp there Sunday night or if its best just to find a local Travel lodge.

Paul

Ex Larini/Ballista
Ex Mk1 Rossa
EX Mk2 Rossa x 2

Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:19 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next