It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:45 am

It's life Geoff, but not as we know it. 
Part built GTM

Post It's life Geoff, but not as we know it.
Hi. Quick up date on coupe. After replacing pressure relief valve I timed the distributor to 12 degrees btdc , set plug gap and valve clearance. Connected fuel lines and with a cough she fired. Couldn't believe it, the first time I have got an A series to run first time. Just can't beat that feeling. Even the petrol leaking from the spacer to carb gasket couldn't dampen my spirits. Needs a bit of tuning but she lives.
Now to the next challenge, the handbrake. Does anyone know if Mgtf, MR2 or Fiat X19 cables would fit?
Yes I can get ones specific for the coupe but at around £30 each seems expensive, plus I don't want to wait months for them to be made.

Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:56 pm
Part built GTM

GTM: Cox/Coupe
Post Re: It's life Geoff, but not as we know it.
Hi There,
I was a little surprised at this post and have checked to discover that the genuine MG handbrake cables from Rimmer Brothers are £46-80 each and there are 2 of them, and they will not fit a Coupe.
My bespoke cables are a bargain at £21-00 each plus p&p at £5-00 and they will fit.
I usually have them in stock, but at the moment will be available in about 2 weeks.

Derek Hambly
07814 420388

Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:37 pm
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

Post Re: It's life Geoff, but not as we know it.
Hi, sorry I must have been miss informed, no offense was intended. I did have the original set up that used the inner fixed and the outer moving however I found the system less than ideal and came up with a system that has the outer fixed to a bracket fixed to the top ball joint bolt and the inner attached to leaver in back plate. Where it will work will depend on whether I can get cables long enough.

Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:39 pm