It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:44 pm

Coupe Big Brakes 
Admin, and Coupe Nutter

GTM: Cox/Coupe
Post Re: Coupe Big Brakes
Just had the MOT yesterday, only two advisorys, loose cv clip, and rear tires :roll: they are a little low, i have got my new ones to go on but didnt have time to fit before the mot and knew they would pass with the 2mm of tread on them

and the handbrake :?:

not a problem managed 25 easy on the Tapley meter minimum needed was 16 from memory 8)
and the main brakes managed 75 easily after throwing the meter deep into the passenger foot well along with the mot tester :lol: :lol:

WEST

Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:09 pm
On the Road

Just a thought guys: I was doing some work on an early Audi A6 last weekend (Scrapping it) and the rear callipers looked useful - but unfortunately one was accident damaged so I didn't remove them. It's a very neat package on a very simple back plate - might be worth a look?

Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:30 pm
Admin, and Coupe Nutter

Pantera2075 wrote:
Just a thought guys: I was doing some work on an early Audi A6 last weekend (Scrapping it) and the rear callipers looked useful - but unfortunately one was accident damaged so I didn't remove them. It's a very neat package on a very simple back plate - might be worth a look?

Certainly worth a look, i was advised they wouldnt fit under 13s tho acoording to rally design
but i reckon it could be possible, just need one to try to confirm

On another note

I Now have the ten inch discs and wilwood calipers fitted to my car and they have started their development mileage, only conclusion so far is I made the wrong pad choice as they need warming up a little and very noisy, but have a new set of pads to pick up at stoneliegh which i reckon will cure this, even still they are imense, and when warmed up unbelivable, not just in power but in controlability. If you want to see some suitably filled wheels check out my car at stoneliegh.

WEST [picking my teeth out of the steering wheel]

Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:30 pm
Admin, and Coupe Nutter

Well typical, new pads are ready to be picked up at stoneliegh at the weekend, and as i put more mileage on the current ones they are getting better, must just be a little slow to bed in, but still very noisey unfortantly. Atleast if nothing else i can do a back to back comparison on the pads and have a spare set for when needed.

WEST

Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:46 pm
Admin, and Coupe Nutter

Well new pads are in and they have improved the first stone cold brake response, unfortantly there is still a little noise when braking must just be the noise of the grooves on the discs passing the pads,, but impressions are good they certainly are more controllable upto the limit of adhesion. and funny enough i have i nice coating of brake dust on the wheels not that ive been testing them at all :P .

Give it a couple more weeks and miles and ill look into production costs for the kit

WEST

Mon May 12, 2008 9:54 pm
GTM on order

Any progress on this big brake kit? Starting to gather parts for my VTEC GTM project.

Dan in Canada

Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:23 pm
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

Looks good Neil. What size tyre you got there? Looks like a 60 profile..?
Fills the arch nicely...

Ed

Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:51 pm
Profile E-mail
Admin, and Coupe Nutter

Progress on sorting a Kit has been at a stand still, but in the mean time I have put more development mileage on now so that is a good thing proving they work etc. Did my first track day with them in september a quick session of Castle Combe at the mini world action day and they performed very well prehaps.

Tyre profile is indeed 60, the front are 175/60/13 A539 currently.

Neil

Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:43 am