It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:28 pm

New GTM Owner! 
Part built GTM

GTM: Cox/Coupe
Post Re: New GTM Owner!
All brake lines completed, now redone with steel lines.. spent most of the rest of the day fussing with Mr Lucas, prince of darkness.. :lol: front lights seem to work when they feel like it.. I am suspecting the large connector at the front.. wiggle it and things work, or stop working.. so have to take it apart and clean all the contacts...rear lights had a bad ground, so that is now fixed ...so close.... :roll:

1966 Mini Van Honda ZC powered

Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:57 am
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

Yahoo!! ..back again from the inspection and it has now passed! :D Now in order to register and put insurance on the car so I can actually drive it, I have to have the car weighed, and a BC VIN created, as they will not register the car with the 4 digit serial number of the car, they will give me a new VIN 17 digits .. this will take another week or so, and cost more as I have to pay for the VIN tags! I have to get the car to a truck weigh scale, and back to the shop to have the VIN serial plates fitted, as by law I cannot fit the VIN plates... what a process!!! Is this any easier in the UK??

Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:24 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

No not really, it used to be but not any more. Still all be worth it in the end!

Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:04 pm
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

I think you are right. Other than a few blasts up and down the street, I have not really had an opportunity to drive the car..so looking forward to that day where I can do the first drive on more than my street. It's probably another week or so until I get the new VIN.. so not I can fuss about with more stuff on the car... and make vroom vrooom noises while sitting in the car in the driveway! :lol:

a pic of the GTM sitting next to the VTEC Mini.., and 84 Ford Capri 2.8i Special beside the VTEC..

Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:23 am
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

Nice work- the waiting is nearly over...!
Be sure to post up the weight of the car, I'm interested to see what it comes in at. Mine is set up for comfort rather than speed, so apart from a few extra dials and a stereo it should be about the same weight.

Ed

Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:15 pm
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

OK, weight of the car was 670kg, with about a 1/2 tank of gas and no one in the car. Car is now plated and insured after a visit to the weigh scale, getting the new VIN plate and visiting the shop to have it installed, then back to the insurance place so they could sight the VIN and make sure the authorized shop installed it right! Finally got to drive the car around more than my street.. yahoooo! It seems a bit twitchy on the rear, so have to look at setting that up differently, and I have a lack of power on the top end of the revs, and running what seems to be a bit hot..so maybe a bit of a timing issue, but other than that she runs well. Thanks for all the moral support! I can change my status to driving!

Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:48 pm
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

For the rear handling, basically try to get rid of as much rubber as you can, the standard bushes etc. tend to let the rear steer it's self. Not conducive to good handling at the best of times.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:00 pm
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

Replaced the lower arm bushings with poly, set up the toe in, and car handles much better. Got the engine running and pulling better now, after cleaning some Toffee out of the carb, setting up points and timing again. Pertronix setup will be installed soon, as it will be good to get rid of the points and not have to work through the hole in the rear firewall! Had some great drives this weekend..

Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:09 am
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

Got the Pertronix installed, and then today added some hi-los to the front and raised the front nose about 1/2 inch as the tires were rubbing on the fender lips over bumps... A few more weeks of driving and then the cold will set in, so the car will move back into the garage and I'll be dropping the engine, so I can do all the bodywork on the car over the winter.. I want to cleanup and paint inside the engine compartment as well..

Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:25 pm
Profile E-mail