It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:16 am

Suspension, individual valves 
Part built GTM

Post Suspension, individual valves
Well I did not get to Newark, following the collapse of the suspension on the near side. A failure of the interconnecting pipe between front and rear. Very fighting at 70mph, I can tell you, it has not done much good for tyres either. These 15 inch rims will need to go now, in those few seconds of excitement they removed most of the rivets from wheel arch extensions, which in turn cut deep into the tread on both tyres on that side.
I have not had much luck with these 15 inch wheels, a puncher at Stoneleigh, that some of you may remember when I removed the nail to hear the sound of the air escaping. then fitting the 13 inch spare and interesting journey home. following a repair to tyre I was looking forward to Newark show. Was hoping to get the soft top on but the weather has been against me.
Anyway, having got home today on the back of low loader (thank you RAC), reviewing the damage, i am now thinking of going for individual valves, the question is how do you set the suspension height front to rear when they are not linked. In the build manual it only give the clearance of the bulge in the floor plan to ground of 100mm, which I found to be to low or get over speed humps without grounding.
So I guess what I am asking is for can anybody measure ground to middle of front wheel arch and ground to middle of rear arch?

Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:19 pm
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

GTM: K3
Post Re: Suspension, individual valves
My K3 is on the ramp at the moment and is set level on blocks. With a clearance of 100mm at the lower section the flat area immediately behind the front arch and in front of your rear arches will be 140mm from the floor. For what its worth I am setting mine at 130 lowest using coilovers to adjust and using 14 inch wheels. I have dumped the hydragas. Custom made front subframe seems to be giving me fully adjustable suspension geometry.
Peter.

Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:07 pm
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

GTM: K3
Did anyone ever try and get those hydragas replacement spring/shock unit some firm made for MGF's onto a K3?

Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:38 pm
Profile E-mail
Looking like a GTM

GTM: Libra
dbanes wrote:
Did anyone ever try and get those hydragas replacement spring/shock unit some firm made for MGF's onto a K3?

Several of us Midas owners have converted our subframes to the Watsons coil kit, I think the best one is Hans set up in his Gold Convertible.

http://midasownersclub.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1598&hilit=springs

I'm running a similar setup on my Convertible, definitely worth doing, though I suspect there was little or no nitrogen left in my spheres at the time of conversion.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:47 pm
Profile E-mail