It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:18 pm

GTM Rossa K3 - VVC and Custom wheel arches. 
GTM delivered

Post GTM Rossa K3 - VVC and Custom wheel arches.
Hi all, after 6ish years of fun I'm considering selling my K3 which looks rather unique thanks to the custom arch extensions. I bought it with the original Metro subframes/engine etc and later converted it to use parts from a 2001 MGF. I'll list some of the features below:

MGF subframes. Brakes are standard MGF (including handbrake!)
142bhp VVC engine + gearbox (including hydraulic clutch and cable gear change)
ABS system from MGF (works well)
16" alloys with Goodyear F1 tyres (three with plenty of tread)
Custom wheel arch extensions by Ed Ruskin of Dynamic Mouldings (Fantastic company!)
Wiring loom entirely replaced with MGF loom.
MGF dash pod
Folded aluminium tunnel (interior)
3d printed gauge pod (Pretty rough but covered with trim)
Electric window conversion
2 new inta-trim seats
New windscreen last year
Electric MGF door mirrors.
Sparco flat bottom steering wheel (makes getting in and out much easier!)
Fabricated exhaust system (standard manifold and down pipes), flexipipe followed by MGF Cat (Honeycomb removed) and a generic silencer. MGF exhaust tip welded on for cosmetics.

The car is mechanically very good, reliable, quick and stops and handles well too. Obviously many, many hours went into the MGF conversion and it was well worth it! Unfortunately I never got round to completing the cosmetic work due to university, and now I'm working I have less time than I expected! Last year I spent some time on the interior and painting the car (Ferrari Rossa Corsa red), unfortunately the colour coats of the front and rear panels were painted in damp weather and there are spots peeling. There are cracks and chips in other places over the body where panels have rubbed and the finish is currently very dull as I got halfway through polishing it before getting a little fed up! I retrimmed the interior myself and whilst it looked pretty good when I'd finished, it later transpired that the "automotive trim glue" I purchased from the local motor factors was not at all suitable in hot weather and so the vinyl pulled away from the door panels and roof lining. I would suggest new carpets and roof/door trim is required on the interior.

I have a number of spares and new parts to go with it. Also, the V5 does need updating to reflect the engine capacity change and colour (an MOT tester set it to white accidentally a couple of years ago).

Car is MOT'd until January 2018. I'm trying to gauge interest in it, I will sell now for the right offer, otherwise I may do some of the work myself and sell later in the year.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask, I will try to post images but I've never done it before so if it doesn't work, help would be appreciated!

Attachments:
Engine_Bay.jpg
Engine_Bay.jpg [ 358.03 KiB | Viewed 16215 times ]
ABS_Unit.jpg
ABS_Unit.jpg [ 317 KiB | Viewed 16215 times ]
Int_2.jpg
Int_2.jpg [ 237.1 KiB | Viewed 16215 times ]
Int_1.jpg
Int_1.jpg [ 238.31 KiB | Viewed 16215 times ]
Rear_Ext.jpg
Rear_Ext.jpg [ 333.57 KiB | Viewed 16215 times ]
Side_Ext.jpg
Side_Ext.jpg [ 438.26 KiB | Viewed 16215 times ]
Front_Ext.jpg
Front_Ext.jpg [ 295.11 KiB | Viewed 16215 times ]
Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:46 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM Nirvana

GTM: Spyder
Post Re: GTM Rossa K3 - VVC and Custom wheel arches.
I do like those arches 8)

Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:25 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

:D Thanks, me too!!!

Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:11 am
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

Also, please note those brown patches are presents from large birds (seagulls). I will clean it soon! :lol:

Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:59 am
Profile E-mail
Looking like a GTM

Location, Price & whether on a Q plate (insurance purposes only) would help on the advert

Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:28 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

Good point Phaeton, thanks. The vehicle is based in Worcester (near Birmingham) and isn't on a Q plate. It is on the original 1985 ('C') plate and is registered on the V5 as GTM ROSSA K3.

As for price I'm not so sure, I'm hoping to get over £2500 to recuperate some of the costs (arches, windscreen, seats, etc) and if I don't receive offers over this I may keep it for a while longer.

Thanks again.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:26 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

i could do £2000

Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:08 am
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

or if your interested in a midas we could do a deal

Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:22 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

Hi Chad, thanks but I'll probably hold onto it for now and do a few more jobs (fit the grills, tidy interior a little).

Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:38 am
Profile E-mail
GTM on order

GTM: K3
Hello there, I currently have a blue K3 but am looking to purchase another! I noticed that yours was for sale, are you still considering selling it? I would be seriously interested in talking about the price you would be asking! Please let me know
Thanks
Keith Sharp

Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:46 am
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

Hi Keith,

This is still for sale, I've re-trimmed the floor and the door cards and they are looking rather nice now! I'll drop you a PM with my email and phone number :)

Thanks,
Andy.

Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:48 am
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

hi there, i like the way the arches change the appearance of the car, i have one my self and was wondering if you used moulds to create the arches and if you did would you be interested in selling them?
many thanks.

Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:21 pm
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

it wouldn't take much to take moulds off the car itself. I love the look as well.

Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:11 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

Hi both, I agree the arches look great, with the bigger alloys it really modernises the look! I believe the fibreglass was laid up on the car with hand trimmed foam. This was done so that it could be adjusted to match my taste. I'm certain that if you contacted the company (mentioned in my original post) they would be happy to do a similar job again, they will alter the shape to your taste (if desired) and will undoubtedly do a great job! This is a lengthy, hand finished process though and isn't cheap!

I'd be more than happy for moulds to be taken from mine! Although I will likely be moving and losing my garage in the near future so I need to sell the car soon.

Cheers.

Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:44 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

Just a quick update: I'm hoping to move soon and will likely lose my garage so I am looking to sell the car within the next few months and as such am open to offers. I've now retrimmed the doors and floor (which needs a good vacuum!) with quality carpet and glue, pictures attached.

Attachments:
dsc_0263.jpg
dsc_0263.jpg [ 707.37 KiB | Viewed 13949 times ]
dsc_0255.jpg
dsc_0255.jpg [ 645.81 KiB | Viewed 13949 times ]

Last edited by jazzyjonesy on Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:53 pm
Profile E-mail