It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:02 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next
Paul's k3 
Part built GTM

GTM: Rossa
Post Re: Paul's k3
catsam wrote:
hi i did you use the MGF gear cables and shifter, all i did to my one was put some threaded rod in the 4 holes in the corners
and i cut off the shifter balance weight?

Image Image

works ok in me car you just need to cheek there are two different cable set ups on the gear box end the Gearbox Gear Selector Linkage Brackets i think

Perfect, as I was looking at using a S1 Elise set up but they are a tad pricey and your solution may be a lot more cost effective.

J

Fri May 18, 2018 3:19 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

GTM: Libra
I still need to make something to go over it

Image Image

Last edited by catsam on Sun May 24, 2020 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 18, 2018 3:54 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:35 pm
Profile E-mail
Admin, and Coupe Nutter

GTM: Cox/Coupe
Looks like a cheeky arduino project. I still have not done mine yet. Custom board too very 8) did you make the PCB yourself?

Neil

Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:02 am
Ready for SVA

hi
this is my attempt to make a speedo calibrator using a arudino
I used http://fritzing.org/home/ to make the board it work very well.
I have made boards by hand in the past but this did a much better job

all I have to do is write a program for it :?:

Last edited by catsam on Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:15 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

this speedo is getting a bit technical :?

Image Image

I have put the car up on axle stands so the wheels can spin. then I used a laptop with a data logger to find out what signal you get from the gearbox
I all so need to find out how many inputs from the gearbox you get to the times the wheel rotate once using a magnet and a reed switch :roll:

Image Image

Last edited by catsam on Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:28 am
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

Here is the data from the datalog

Image Image

All I have to do is work out what this means
it looks like I get a 5v output from the gearbox which means I have to change my bord 0v (ground) input to a 5v input

Last edited by catsam on Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:45 pm
Profile E-mail
Admin, and Coupe Nutter

GTM: Cox/Coupe
5v sounds perfectly reasonable to me for a speed pulse output.

From memory the Honda setup is a trigger that is driven by a gear and worm gear off the diff, now the PG1 is basically a mirror image of the Honda box. Massive assumption here it may be around 4 pulses per revolution as on a Honda it is just over 4 pulse per rev.

Neil

Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:32 am
Ready for SVA

thanks neil the speedo bored is now on hold for now
I was going to do something about the black wheel arches
but I have found that the wheels rubs on the roll bar when
on full steering lock not good

this is a link for a video this shows what happens when on full lock
I hope this link works
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VOOLuw ... p=drivesdk

Last edited by catsam on Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:32 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

I think the essay way round this is to use a wheel spacer
It needs to be 10mm

Last edited by catsam on Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:54 am
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

hi all

I thought this was going to be easy just put some 10mm wheel spacers on I do not like them and I can't find any with longer studs

I think I have two ARB that look like the bottom ones in the photo

it's not bent the same at the end that is why it hits so I was going to fit the one that came with my mgf subframe it looks like the one in the top of the photo
nope that did not work the steering rack is in the way :oops: its the one for the back that came with the engine I could fit it so It faces forward and across the centre of the subframe

like this in the photo but I have the radiator pipes in the way
I will have to see if this will work if not its back to wheel spacers :(

Last edited by catsam on Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:46 pm
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

GTM: Rossa
catsam wrote:
hi all

i thought this was going to be easy put some 10mm wheel spacers on i do not like this ide and i cant find any 10mm with longer studs

i think i have two arb that look like the bottom ones in the photo

thats why it hits so i was going to fit the one at came with my mgf sub frame it look like the one in the top of the ophoto
nope i have the sering rack in the way :oops: its the one for the back came with the engine i could fit it so i facse forword and a cross the center of the sub fram

like this photo but i have the radiator pipes in the way i will have to see if this will work if not its back to wheel spacers :(

Paul,

That Subframe was a bstrd to build but fun none-the-less and was the standard MGTF set up, but the MGF is essentially the same when it comes to the ARB.

The heater pipes were potentially an issue, but I remembered parts I used in work a long time ago and had made spacers between the ARB and heater tubes using Stauff clamps (http://www.stauff.co.uk/products/pipe-clamps.aspx), which are used on industrial clean room installations. They worked a treat but they were in the boxes of bits when I sold the K3; otherwise, I would have sent them to you - I’m sure you can knock up something similar.

J.

Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:33 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

thanks jaybee it looks like it will work I no what you used

Last edited by catsam on Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:18 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

I keep finding more work looking at the two radiator pips that run a long the bottom of the car.
it looks like they have been hiting the road and are all dented.
I will have to take them of and see how bad they are and see is i need some new ones

Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:55 am
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

I have found a fix for my ARB hitting the wheels when on full lock, in the end, I made a new bracket and moved the ARB forward
and when change over to the Coil-overs brackets from peter they should still miss the ARB

Last edited by catsam on Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:20 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next