It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 am

Tracking setiings for K3 
GTM on order

Post Tracking setiings for K3
Hello everybody this is Keith, I bought my K3 when they first came out. I originally had number 3 but as I wanted a 'special' colour I was demoted to number 7.

Over the years I have been improving my K3 with the mods as recommended by the factory and other owners and now I have a car with around 205 bhp and a rev limit of 8000 rpm!

My question is what should the front and rear tracking settings be if I take it to a 4 wheel tracking station?

I understand that rear setup needs to be toed in and front as well but what do people consider to be the optimum settins/ I do intend to do trackdays again this year but still use it on the road.

Thanks

Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:45 am
Profile E-mail
Admin, and Coupe Nutter

GTM: Cox/Coupe
Post Re: Tracking setiings for K3
ooo a high power K3

welcome aboard

Neil

Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:54 pm
Part built GTM

GTM: K3
Can we have more information!! I suppose the settings are going to be dependant on the setup you have i.e. standard rubber bushings in the suspension or poly bushes as this would effect the amount of movement to limit.
Peter.

Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:06 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM on order

Hi guys

I have only standard rubber bushes in the suspension, though I do have the subframe fixed solidly without rubber at all. It helps the handling, I'm told.

I also have a small problem with the alternator, it has worked fine for the last 17 years but on Saturday I changed the drive belt for the first time and now the red ignition light stays on! Have I disconnected something or has the alternator failed?

Money is tight at the moment so replacing the alternator would keep the car off the road for around 5 weeks, and we know how much fun it is to drive these cars!

Here's hoping for a constructive and inexpensive reply.

Thanks in anticipation!

Keith

Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:00 am
Profile E-mail
GTM on order

Oh and by the way, the car accelerates at 0 to 60 in 4.5 seconds with a theoretical top speed(I am not brave enough to find out) of 175 mph!

Keith

Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:02 am
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

GTM: K3
For what its worth the standard settings for an MGF which is basically what you have on the front are 1 to 1.5mm toe in per side and the rears which are much more compliant on the F are the same. If you resort to polybushes then you could reduce these settings to no more than 1mm per side. I plan to play around with my settings once the K3 is back on the road, I have made a fully adjustable setup on the front and at the moment have an MGF rear system with coilovers all round. Hopefully with a few track testing days we may get some definitive answers.
It sounds like you have a very quick car! Is it still K series powered?
Peter.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:36 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM on order

Thanks for the replies. yes it is still K series powered but with many modifications including semi-race cams, a lightened flywheel, a programmeable ECU , twin 45 DCOE Webers, twin coilpacks, high flow fuel pump (though maybe not high enough now!), new style
straight-through stainless exhaust system, track day soft tyres on the rear. Probably more but I can't think now!

The car is used often and is fairly noisy when revved up stationary but you lose the sound mostly when driving!

I love to use it in most weathers including snow, light rain and of course the rare sunny days!

Cheers

Keith

Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:28 am
Profile E-mail