It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:30 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Work started 
Part built GTM

Post Re: Work started
Just checked out some pics of a Gilera RC600 nice looking bike. Does remind me of an Aprilia Tuareg/wind but I guess all those Dakar style bikes look pretty similar.

I really wanted a Tuareg 125 but they don't come up for sale too often so went for the Suzuki TS125R that I told you about. Its nearly done just need to finish sorting the throttle/carb cable out and fit some replacement brake bolts etc. In hindsight I probably should have got a more common bike as getting bits is turning out to be a pain but then again it could be worse, I could live in Nigeria and be building a GTM Coupe! :)

Still looking good though. PM with a list of bits you need or any links to where the bits are for sale and we can sort something out.

Rob

Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:17 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

GTM: Cox/Coupe
runkthepunk wrote:
Just checked out some pics of a Gilera RC600 nice looking bike. Does remind me of an Aprilia Tuareg/wind but I guess all those Dakar style bikes look pretty similar.
The RC had Dakar heritage :wink:

I could live in Nigeria and be building a GTM Coupe! :) Or live in Nigeria with the only Gilera's and Moto Morini

Still looking good though. PM with a list of bits you need or any links to where the bits are for sale and we can sort something out.

Rob

Still trying to find out what door handle and catches should be fitted, they look the same on the car David Large has just put up for sale
John

Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:42 pm
Profile E-mail
Admin, and Coupe Nutter

chassis is looking smart, was it blasted?

Neil

Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:56 pm
Part built GTM

kano nordie wrote:
Still trying to find out what door handle and catches should be fitted, they look the same on the car David Large has just put up for sale
John

Hmm they look like 99% of the coupe door handles I have seen and I thought they were Allegro ones? I know they were used on various Leyland vehicles too and the earlier Lotus esprit? Think Triumph TR7 as well.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:07 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

WEST wrote:
chassis is looking smart, was it blasted?

Neil

Yes Oh, found a man in Kano who sand blasts glass to make it frosted :lol:

Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:43 pm
Profile E-mail
Admin, and Coupe Nutter

Outer door handles can be found on Land rover discovery, TR7, Marina, possibly some others

Neil

Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:13 pm
On the Road

WEST wrote:
Outer door handles can be found on Land rover discovery, TR7, Marina, possibly some others

Neil

Cheers Neil, not so common in Kano :lol:
John

Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:27 am
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

I've got spare door handles and locks, which look like Marina items, and could bring them to Werrington if you're interested.
Eric

Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:19 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

Hi Eric,
That would be great, I will be there with my Jedi for the weekend hoping we have summer for those 2 days :roll:
John

Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:59 am
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

OK John I'll see you there.

Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:45 am
Profile E-mail
On the Road

Hi Eric, are you competing or bringing your GTM? I need to have a good look at all the bits I can't remember how they esed to be :lol: it's such a long time for the fuddled brain to remeber so far back :roll:
John

Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:59 am
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

Still a while before I get mine rolling but I only live 5 miles from Werrington so you're more than welcome to come along and have a look.

Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:46 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

Hi Eric,
I would not be able to get away from Werrinton on Saturday or Sunday during the event, but will be there early afternoon to set up shop with my car ir you are free, pm me your address and phone number,
Cheers
John

Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:21 am
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

you have a PM

Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:27 am
Profile E-mail
On the Road

To celebrate Easter I used the free time to tour the scrap areas around Kano looking for mini's before the sun got too hot (44c in the shade yesterday afternoon) found 5 of the wee beasties lurking in various state of disrepair, Hoping they will call me back with a good price for front suspension arms, steering rack and column, no disc brake hubs, so it looks as if I will be doing the Toyota Carolla 1.6 fwd conversion of calipers and discs onto drum brake hubs again.
A question for knowledgeable types, I want to keep the twinny in front engine form using 13" wheels, can they be fitted to the normal trailing arms attached to a beam using coilover shocks without touching anything, I have a big hole where back seat and boot used to be, so no rear subframe.
Cheers
John

Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:30 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next