It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:06 am

Work started 
On the Road

GTM: Cox/Coupe
Post Re: Work started
I did not do very well with offers from the scrap place one wanted to sell a very ratty drum braked car, obviously standing for long, for the local equivalent of about gbp200, another chap rolled up with a rack that looked like it came out of the gutter, without gaiters, one inner ball joint missing, the pinion oil seal and one bearing missing and a ding in the rack tube, apart from that it was all good :roll: he also had a pair of upper arms again gutter stock, one a had a local made bushing replacing the needle bearings that fitted the spindle like a banana in the entrance to a cathedral :lol: Give him credit he did say he could get the bearings and fit them for me :shock: I told him you get the bearings and I will fit them, I'm sure his hammer is much bigger than mine!
So I went home and fitted my bonnet this morning as it was an untrimmed straight from the mould at least 30 years ago item, there must be a plate that I don't have that attaches to the humongus bracket that goes on the front of the subframe and joins the plot to the plate bonded into the front under the radiator air intake, I had a pair of plates I made but never used to go under roll cage feet that looked about right for a temporary fitting, now its all gone to bed for 6 weeks and time to pack my bag for tonight's Turkish Airways flight via Istanbul, Tuesday morning work starts on Jedi, I'm bringing back some spring top mounts I made here in a bit of titanium I found for the new double adjust shocks I bought last year, then to set the ride heights, ready for Wiscombe Park next weekend.
Must rush got to get packed
John

Attachments:
100_0237reduced.jpg
100_0237reduced.jpg [ 641.53 KiB | Viewed 4604 times ]
Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:18 am
Profile E-mail
On the Road

From T'end

Attachments:
100_0239reduced.jpg
100_0239reduced.jpg [ 648.33 KiB | Viewed 4604 times ]
Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:19 am
Profile E-mail
On the Road

Hi All I spent the last weekend in the swamp at Wiscombe Park it would have been good scenery for anybody making a 1st world war film, David who share drives my Jedi had an off into the barrier at Saw Bench corner, bending rear suspension radius arms, cracking side pod and bending the battery box and under tray mountings, so I did not get a timed run on Saturday and was straightening suspension in the very wet and cold untill 7.00, I got the body work duct tapped back to gether and fitted by 10.00 missin the 1st practice the following morning.
There was a GTM with a 970S engine fitted with an 8 port head competing, I did manage to chat to him but every time I went to his end of the swamp he was performing so apart from a quick look at his door hinges that was all I got chance to see!!
The good news was my one wet practice run in teh rain and one timed run on slicks in a dry'ish spell were enough not only to win the 1100 racing car class but gave me FTD, a big cup, which is only mine for a year and the chance to make a speech, must be a 1st for a nationalised Nigerian anywhere
John

Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:26 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

kano nordie wrote:
I just got my chassis back from the sandblaster and leaning against a tree so a gofor can paint red oxide primer on its underneath, thisafternoon it will be turned over to do T'other side :D
John

I know this reply is late - hope You were watching Your "gofer" - someone I knew was a german POW - the germans had them painting steel bridges, the paint peeled off in < 6 months. Guess who was piddling in the paint pots?

On that unpleasant thought I'll depart :)

Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:05 pm
On the Road

Don't worry I know my gofor very well :lol:
John

Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:37 pm
Profile E-mail