It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:45 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 26  Next
Kano Coupe 
Ready for SVA

Post Re: Kano Coupe
John,
Off the wall idea -- do any of the shopping tolleys -- Diahatsu Charade something like that -- have very small radiators? Maybe use two in series mounted beside each other. Don't forget that modern radiators will be much more efficient than the old Mini rad.

Steve

Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:53 am
Profile E-mail
Looking like a GTM

GTM: Cox/Coupe
do you get any toyota Prius over there? they look like they might be a fit.

Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:31 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

Hi Steve,
Small cheap cars tend to be 10-15 year old Honda, Toyota, Golf, s/h trade in TUV test failures, not many Nissan, Mazda, Mitsubishi cars, mid/upper market s/h Mercs, BMW, and a few American or Audi, new cars are for the rich who mostly want the biggest SUV's there are a Diahatsu trucks but not seen a car since I was young :roll:
Grizzler ditto Prius, people carriers tend to be used as buses, so more seats needed for more paying passengers, think Toyota Hiace :wink:
The "Gofers" have been sent out to Kofa Ruwa the Kano scrap area where if it exists it will be found
John

Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:23 am
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

John,
Where do you get these "gofers" -- we could probably do with some round here.

Steve

Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:19 am
Profile E-mail
On the Road

There are always "gofers" where ever you go :wink: :wink: due high unemployment we we probably have more of them than in the UK :lol:

Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:26 am
Profile E-mail
On the Road

The MK2 Radiator has been fitted along with adapted Mini type fan, as its inlet and outlet were opposite to the radiator that came with the box of bits (Allegro??) I had to rearrange the pipes coming from the engine inside the tunnel and put the electric pump on the R-H side and swap the fuel pump to the L-H side, The rad has Toyota printed on it but I have no idea what model.
I also got hold of an air conditioner rad that with jiggling could be fitted but found it leaking when pressure tested this morning at work :(
John

Attachments:
MK2 GTM rad inst.jpg
MK2 GTM rad inst.jpg [ 97.41 KiB | Viewed 10160 times ]
Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:09 am
Profile E-mail
On the Road

from T'other side -- I tried but this came up--Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.

Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:11 am
Profile E-mail
On the Road

Air con condenser rad in position with its 2x12v axial fans, now to find a compressor, drier and condenser rad assembly
John

Attachments:
condenser3.jpg
condenser3.jpg [ 86.85 KiB | Viewed 10043 times ]
Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:42 am
Profile E-mail
On the Road

I bought an underdash aircon evaporator unit with fans and controls, just under gbp60 quite a bit cheaper than Car Builder Solutions?? still looking for a small compressor, there is not a lot or room in the rear :lol:
John

Attachments:
aircon 3.jpg
aircon 3.jpg [ 89.5 KiB | Viewed 9928 times ]
Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:06 am
Profile E-mail
On the Road

You're going to have to fit a lot of pipes down the tunnel also.

Look for a GM R4 compressor used in loads of GM cars and also the Merc range.

Or a Sanden off a Honda Civic/SAAB

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SAAB-9-3-AIR ... SwUKxYkSTV

Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:46 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

Cheers Ken,
I was thinking of passing these pipes along side the tunnel on the passenger side, not a lot of room any where for these bits.
The old KMB add for the Coupe they offered had an a/c listed as an option, I bet they never looked how they would fit it in :lol: :lol:
John

Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:17 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

Sylvester the a/c bits supplier bought me 2 more compressors to look at, the Denso unit is slightly lager but a known brand, the “Gap” compressor is smaller, but I’ve never heard of them before, when my office computer wakes up I’ll have a little browse to to see who and where they are, next weekend will have a look see of how to fit a compressor, I may have to make a jack shaft to get it into a little clear space, the Denso is marked for R-H rotation but the Gap unit is not indicated.
Anybody have any info please let me know.
John

Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:54 am
Profile E-mail
On the Road

Having Googled the GAP name and found nothing, I Googled its model number and came up with a Chinese trading company showing a picture of a very similar compressor, same body but with different mounting lugs, so the Denso unit has to be the way to go unless something smaller is found, If I can't mount it alongside the engine I may have to have a jack shaft driven off the crank pulley into the free space between the timing cover and the inner wheel arch, it will measuring up and head scratching time next Sunday morning and hopefully bracket making next week :mrgreen:
John

Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:39 pm
Profile E-mail
On the Road

Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning re-arranged the pipework, Laminova oil cooler and header tank to clear a space below the alternator for the a/c compressor, it can fit :) then stripping all the connections to remove the engine and subframe assembly to make the compressor brackets, by Sunday midday I had reached the stage to disconnect the brake pipes and take the bolts out of the spring turrets when I decided I had had enough and it was time to put feet up and relax, next weekend the engine/subframe can be up on the bench to work out how to mount the compressor and what to do with the crank drive pulley as I need to slow the compressor to around 60% of crank speed.
John

Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:26 am
Profile E-mail
On the Road

You'll have it all in just in time for January, when it's nice and "cool" and you won't need it any more.

:lol:

Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:49 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 26  Next