It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:27 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 23  Next
Paul's k3 
Looking like a GTM

Post Re: Paul's k3
They have not got a clue and have never had to work in a commercial company where you have to look after customers to pay the wages. I would not call in those Welsh prisons are not too good LOL
Ian

Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:54 pm
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

GTM: K3
In frustration to not being able to make stoneleigh I gave someone a ring at the DVLA and after much conversation about how waiting 4 weeks actually means waiting 6 weeks (don't ask) they agreed to look on the system for me, to find that their database said it had been converted to a 1796cc, I had the DVLA online car checker open at the time and it still showed 1396cc, so they told me that it was not possible for them to be showing different things as they were the same data so I refreshed the car checker and it showed as 1796cc! :D :D :D

Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:43 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

GTM: Libra
nice to hear that so are you going to be able to make it to Stoneleigh

Last edited by catsam on Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:28 pm
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

Quote:
nice to hear that so are you going to be able to make it to Stoneleigh

Hopefully, I'll definitely be there, and whether the car comes or not depends on how the test drive the day before goes...

Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:08 am
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

my car will not be going to Stoneleigh this year but I will :D :D :D .

hope your test drive goes OK oliverracing

I have started on the panel for the fuel tank the old one did not fit
I don't think I will make one out of aluminum sheet as Peter did in the newsletter
I'm going to have a go at making it out of fiberglass this will be fun what can go wrong

Last edited by catsam on Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:26 pm
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

Attachment:
final corner weights.JPG
final corner weights.JPG [ 292.69 KiB | Viewed 11165 times ]

Damned annoyed at not being able to get the K3 to Stoneleigh. I need a couple more weeks cos work gets in the way!
Managed to get the suspension up and set, I have gone for 200lbs front springs and 300lbs rear as a starting point with adjustable dampers to add stiffness when needed.
Corner weighting took all day but satisfied with results, 4 kgs front and 11kgs rear with my weight included.
Just the really annoying bits to finish off before MOT.

Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:42 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

after having a grate day at stoneleigh

I did a bit more to of my fuel tank cover
I made a cover with card and paper and lots of pva glue.

the plan was to cover the inside with something to stop the fiberglass sticking to the paper but I forgot to do it
that will be fun to get the paper off

I have started to make a PVC cover

Last edited by catsam on Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:49 am, edited 4 times in total.

Mon May 02, 2016 2:54 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

I have done the cover it looks different in the car it should be gray

Image Image

Last edited by catsam on Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Thu May 19, 2016 9:03 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

I have got a lot done over the weekend the roll bar is in and the seats are back
I have also got the boot on

and I have been for a drive in the car it moves :D :D :D

I just need to get the car to a garage for a inspection then the DVLA can take weeks to change the engine number

Last edited by catsam on Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:16 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Sun May 29, 2016 8:05 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM Nirvana

GTM: Spyder
Great! hopefully in time to enjoy the better weather that is going to come now! :D :D

Let us know how much better it feels now.

Sun May 29, 2016 11:01 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

I still do not have my car on the road I went to see if my locale MOT to see if they would cheek my car as I need to provide evidence for the DVLA
( written confirmation of the change on headed paper from an independent garage )
but they did not no what to do but they did say I could try http://www.tigerracing.com/
I did not know they was just up the road from me I phoned them and they can do what I need for DVLA to change the logbook
got it done :roll: :roll:

the Radiator was not getting hot. the hot water was getting to the radiator it has a new water pump and I have tested the thermostat:? :? :?: :?:
so I had a look at the old engine to see if it had a lower opening temp and found this inside

its go the outer part of the thermostat in it so, for now, I have put it in my new engine as it was working fine on the old one
I do not use the car in the winter so don't think it will need it to shut
it will be like its open all the time I will have to see how this works out

Last edited by catsam on Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:52 am, edited 5 times in total.

Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:03 am
Profile E-mail
Part built GTM

Wonder why they wanted so much flow of water, were there any problems with the engine??

You may find it never gets to temperature or only very slowly, not good for power or the engine really.

I have seen a less severe mod where they drill another hole in the outer edge of a normal thermostat to increase the bypass effect so warming the radiator loop up slowly insted of a big hot rush and the engine getting a cold shock from the incoming cool water from the radiator.

The owner isn't

Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:59 am
Profile E-mail
GTM Nirvana

GTM: Spyder
Looks like that one already had the hole drilled version prior to taking the whole innards out.

It may be that it had been plumbed with a remote stat or PRT. When you add one of those it is normal to cut the innards out of the normal stat 'cos you need the metal ring inside the rubber to make it seal right but clearly you don't want two stats in the system.

Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:20 pm
Profile E-mail
GTM delivered

Hi,
Is this is the only thermostat in the system?
Are you running a manual or electric water pump?

Engines are designed to run at a single temperature. If you load the engine while cold it is likely to wear more quickly and more noticeably the fuel injection could think you should be on a choke setting. The throttle response of my V6 Mazda is definitely different before it warms up.

I have read various things about the K-Series and some suggest that the lag in opening and shutting of the thermostat can cause thermal shock to the head gasket. Perhaps they look it out to help save the head gasket?

I guess this way you will not suffer head gasket failure through shock....

Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:39 pm
Profile E-mail
Ready for SVA

hi sanzomat now you say this

Quote:
It may be that it had been plumbed with a remote stat or PRT.

it did have a PRT fitted but when I got the car it was taken of he did say that it did not work

]Image

I have only the one thermostat in the system
I am running a manual water pump
at some point I will be changing the radiator to this one

so until I get it back on the road it will stay as it is
one more thing to put on the list

Last edited by catsam on Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:01 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 23  Next